Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Diagnostic Hub
Children’s Treatment Network (CTN) is the lead for the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Diagnostic Hub in Central region. Additional funding provided by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) will help more children/youth receive the diagnostic assessments they need.
Central Region includes:
CTN is working with partners in local communities to deliver diagnostic assessments. CTN, ErinoakKids, and KidsAbility provide services locally.
If your child’s name is already on a waitlist for an ASD diagnostic assessment with one of these agencies, there is no further action required.
If your child’s name is NOT on a waitlist for an ASD diagnostic assessment, please contact the agency listed for your local region to get information about these services. These services do require a physician referral.
Simcoe County and York Region
Children’s Treatment Network of Simcoe York
Intake (Toll Free): 1-866-377-0286
Dufferin, Halton, and Peel
Intake: 905-855-2690, then press 1
Toll Free: 1-877-374-6625 then press 1
Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph and surrounding townships
KidsAbility Waterloo Region
Intake: 519-886-8886 x 1214
Toll Free : 1-888-372-2259 x 1214
For more information on the provincial diagnostic hubs please visit the MCCSS website.
Ontario Autism Program
On April 1, 2019, the provincial government implemented significant changes to the Ontario Autism Program (OAP). These changes, as outlined on the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services website, include:
- The introduction of a Childhood Budget that covers the period of time until a child turns 18. New Childhood Budgets will provide families with access to a broader range of eligible services including behavioural services, including assessments and consultations, speech language pathology, occupational therapy and physiotherapy as well as family/caregiver capacity building and training, respite services, technology aids, and travel.
- Doubling funding to expand the province’s five diagnostic hubs so that families can receive a diagnosis sooner.
- One provincial point of access and registration for the OAP. Families can call 1-888-444-4530 or email@example.com to register their child in the program, or for inquiries regarding Childhood Budgets, funding agreements, payments to families and service providers and/or reconciliation of a Childhood Budget.
- Introduction of the Autism Ontario Service Navigation Program to support families in understanding the new OAP, help them to find qualified providers and offer access to resources, webinars and networking opportunities with other families. For more information or to register for this program, visit Autism Ontario's website.
- Launch of the Autism Ontario Program Provider List to help families find qualified clinical supervisors in their community. Visit the Autism Ontario website for more details.
As the Autism Spectrum Disorder Diagnostic Hub
in Central Region covering Simcoe, York, Dufferin, Halton, Peel, Waterloo and Wellington, CTN is pleased to receive additional funding to continue partnering with ErinoakKids
to assess children sooner.