1. Visit this page to review recommendations, visuals, videos and social stories to help talk to your child about what school may look like this year.
2. Talk to your child about social distancing at school. You may want to make arrows and spots around the house to practice social distancing rules or read this social story together.
3. Practice hand washing and mask wearing (e.g. make masks mandatory for any screen time).
4. Let your child voice their feelings (good and bad) about back to school. Listen to them intently, provide encouragement and support. If your child show signs of anxiety, check out these tips.
5. Create a dedicated and quiet learning space for your child. Investigate tutoring, if you child needs extra support.
6. Let your child pick their backpack and lunch bag at the store or online, then encourage him/her to pick healthy snacks, open containers and unzip/zip the bag and include a timed goal to make it fun!
7. Re-establish a bedtime routine. You may have to do this gradually each night leading up to the beginning of school.
8. Practice the school morning routine – set an alarm, eat breakfast, pick lunch, pack knapsack, walk to school, etc.
9. Help your child connect with school friends virtually or organize a socially distanced playdate. Try these fun activities.
10. Stay positive and keep an open mind. This school year is different and full of unknowns for kids, families and educators, but what’s for sure is that we’re all in this together.
Therabounce - TR Parent & Tot and Social Skills (3-6) - Vaughan
Fully accessible and inclusive programming with highly trained and specialized staff. Individualized goals, activities, and facilitation techniques to fit your families needs with access to full sized trampolines.
City of Barrie Inclusion Services - Sensory Funnastics - Barrie
Sensory aware gymnasium drop-in space that gives individuals with disabilities the opportunity to play and try out gymnastics in a safe and fun environment.
Sign up for our email list to receive information about events, newsletters, resources and more.
Interested in volunteering with CTN?
Do you have questions about your child’s development or services available in York Region or Simcoe County
Share information, tips and resources
with other families