Children’s Treatment Network Policies
As a network serving children with special needs, accessibility is a key focus and priority. We fully support the Ontario Disabilities Act and are dedicated to meeting and advancing standards set by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). For more information please view our:
Policy Primer – AODA Customer Service Standard
AODA Accessibility Policy - English or French
Consent and Privacy
- Families: Consent & Privacy Guide for Families - English or French
- Professionals: Consent & Privacy Information for Professionals - Click here
- To contact our Privacy Officer email email@example.com
Expense Reimbursement Policy
As a not-for-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Children’s Treatment Network is committed to being fully accountable, compliant and transparent to all our stakeholders regarding reimbursement of business related expenses.
- To view our Expense Reimbursement Policy for Children’s Treatment Network Staff, Board of Directors, Volunteers and Network Partners - Click here
- To view our Perquisites Policy - Click here
Family Engagement Policy/Family Engagement Council
Children's Treatment Network is committed to a child and family-centred approach to planning and delivering services and supports to children with multiple special needs. A key component of family-centred care is developing a close partnership with families to ensure there are opportunities for families to be actively engaged in their child’s care and in the ongoing development of the Network.
The Family Engagement Council, consisting of family members and Network professionals, provides advice and guidance on all aspects of the Network including operations and the planning and delivery of services and supports for kids and families.
Family Engagement Policy - English or French
Family Engagement Overview - English or French
Formal Complaint Policy – Making a Formal Complaint
CTN and all our network partners are dedicated to providing families with high-quality services and excellent service experiences. Your feedback helps us to address any concerns and issues that you may have. Your input also helps us continually improve network practices so we can enhance our ability to meet the needs of the kids and families we serve.
If you have a question, concern or complaint, we encourage you to speak to your clinician, a member of your child's team, or Local Team Facilitator right away so they can help to address it. If you are uncomfortable speaking with a staff member, or feel your situation requires further attention, please fill out a Formal Complaint Form and submit it directly to CTN.
Formal Complaint Policy - English or French
Click here for our Formal Complaint Form. If you would like to share a concern, compliment or other feedback, contact us.
As a publicly funded organization, Children’s Treatment Network purchases goods and services in accordance with the Ontario Broader Public Sector Procurement Directive and Supply Chain Code of Ethics. Our commitment to procurement practices that are conducted in an open, competitive and transparent environment ensures that the Network, the kids and families we serve and all our stakeholders receive optimal quality and value for money. Click here to view our Procurement Policy.
Declaration of Client Rights and Responsibilities
Children’s Treatment Network is committed to protecting and promoting the rights of the people we serve in accordance with the laws of Ontario. Children, youth and families receiving services and supports from Children’s Treatment Network also have responsibilities, so we can work effectively as partners.
CTN is also committed to ensuring a safe and respectful workplace, and cannot tolerate discriminatory, threatening or harassing behaviour or actions. Such behaviour could be grounds for terminating our relationship with you.
When you receive service or support from CTN employees, partners, and volunteers, we will:
- Treat you with respect and dignity
- Be sensitive to your cultural, language and spiritual practices
- Serve you without discrimination, harm or abuse of any kind, regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, or other grounds according to the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Protect your privacy and confidentiality, and respect your right to withdraw consent
- Provide access to your health record
- Give you the information you need to make timely decisions, and ensure that you know what you are eligible for
- Provide high quality services and supports with qualified providers, in safe, clean and accessible locations
- Facilitate your participation in all aspects of services, and if desired, the participation of a support person, advocate or service animal
- Respect your right to refuse service, or to disagree with your provider
- Welcome and respond to your issues, concerns or complaints with appropriate investigation, and without any negative impact on your service
These are the responsibilities we ask of you:
- Treat staff and others with respect
- Inform staff of any need that requires our awareness or accommodation
- Provide accurate information
- Actively participate in all aspects of your service
- Let us know if you can’t keep an appointment
- Report any concerns to your provider, or via the complaint form
CTN is committed to protecting the privacy of those who use our website.
CTN does not systematically collect any information about the identity of individuals searching our website. However, CTN does anonymously collect information through a log file which indicates which pages were visited and how frequently. This information is analyzed to help us develop content that responds to the interests of our website visitors.
We invite you to write us, or from time to time we may ask you to complete a survey about the services we offer online. If you identify yourself in these communications with us, we will never use your words in testimonials that identify you without your explicit prior permission.
Information provided by visitors to CTN’s website is only used as needed to fulfil the stated purpose of their requests. CTN does not disclose, give or sell any personal information about visitors to our website.
CTN is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of the websites to which we link.
This web site may provide links to other websites. CTN does not endorse or assume responsibility for the policies or practices with respect to web sites accessed through these links.
This web site may contain material contributed by persons other than CTN. Its availability does not mean that we have reviewed it, or constitute an endorsement by CTN.
Automated Web Page Language Translation
Computer programs can make intelligent guesses as to what an appropriate translation should be. Therefore, automated translations can help a reader understand the general content of text in a foreign language. However, because the translations are generated by computer programs, not all translations are perfect and the accuracy of translations may be different between languages. Computer translations are not available for all languages.
Nothing on this website is intended as advice to meet the specific needs of an individual as individual situations will differ. Web site visitors should not act or rely on web site information without seeking specific advice on matters of concern. We will not purposefully present inaccurate information on this web site, however information is supplied "as is" and may contain errors. We do not guarantee or warrant the quality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, appropriateness or suitability of the web site content. Reliance on any information appearing on the web site is at your own risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions regarding use of this web site and its content.