Types of Augmentative and Alternative Communication

Please keep in mind that if a child or youth has an AAC system, a Speech-Language Pathologist probably assessed him/her and prescribed the system. You should not change the child/youth’s AAC system without consulting a Speech-Language Pathologist. Check out the sections below for more information about specific AAC systems.