Thank you to everyone who responded to last year’s Family Survey!
Every year, we reach out to our CTN families to get their feedback about their experiences with CTN and our partner agencies, transitions, events, communication and family-centred care. This year we had a 40% response rate and the majority of families are very satisfied or satisfied with CTN.
I was very happy the way Children’s Treatment Network did the assessment for my daughter…very good knowledge and patient with any questions I needed to ask. CTN Parent.
How we use survey results from the last two years:
- 93 per cent: The overall satisfaction level of families with a single plan of care; 80 per cent: the overall satisfaction level of families without a single plan of care
- 90 per cent: Families who were satisfied with the events or workshops they attended and provided a list of 324 ideas for future events
- 63 per cent to 69 per cent: Families that rated CTN the ideal range for family-centred care
- 50+ per cent: Families who have children between ages five to nine
- 44 per cent: CTN scored for providing general information, making this a top priority for improvement
- 40+ per cent: Parents and caregivers who indicated that their child’s engagement at school or at home was better or a lot better
- 14 per cent: Families who receive support for more than one child
As CTN analyzes the data from our family surveys we use this information to make improvements and changes to how we operate. Surveys from previous years have helped us identify various priorities.
Here are some examples of changes we’ve made:
- We are happy to report that we have worked diligently to reduce wait times in key areas by working closely with our network partners.
- We will continue to work on transition to adult services and in partnership with the school to make this process easier for our families in York Region and Simcoe County.
- For the past two years, we have introduced our new website (www.ctnsy.ca) and continue to expand on the number of resources and events that are posted
- We have reached out to more families by engaging with them in new and innovative ways to meet their needs through projects like our Family Portal Pilot Project.
We appreciate the insight this survey gave us into the challenges that many families face with communicating with their team, accessing resources and understanding the service system. These struggles will help inform our work for the years to come.
Look for the 2017 Family Survey in your inbox this fall! We appreciate your time to complete this online survey so that we can learn more about the needs of our CTN families.