Are you the parent or caregiver of a child or youth with special needs in Simcoe County or York Region who is looking to volunteer? Are you great at listening with an open mind and sharing your personal experiences to help foster change that impacts the broader community? Would you like to help CTN connect with the family perspective?
If so, consider joining our Family Engagement Council (FEC). This volunteer group is comprised of parents/caregivers of children and youth special needs who have accessed or currently access CTN supports, frontline service providers and CTN staff. The FEC advises on and supports CTN’s operational activities (events, communications, programs, services, etc.). The FEC also plays a key role in ensuring CTN is connected with the family perspective and helps us continue to move forward in the work that supports the needs of the families we work with.
Joining the FEC will give you opportunity to make a difference for families like yours across York Region and Simcoe County. It’s also a great place to use your personal or professional experience (both are equally valued!) to make an impact and build your skills. FEC members often have opportunities to attend and participate in presentations, workshops, conferences and events. Wondering what kind of difference our FEC makes? Click here to read a story about the impact two families had.
- The FEC meets monthly from September-May (except December).
- Meetings occur in Richmond Hill (13175 Yonge St.) or Barrie (165 Ferris Lane) or by teleconference/videoconference for those unable to attend in person.
- 2-4 hours/month (includes meeting time and time required for email communication, review of materials, feedback, etc.).
- Members are appointed for three year-terms that are renewable for an additional three years. Shorter terms can be negotiated, but a minimum commitment of one year is recommended.
- If you are interested in joining our FEC but unable to attend meetings please let us know as we will find a way for you to be involved.
Potential applicants are welcome to attend a meeting as a guest to learn whether the FEC may be an appropriate fit for them. For more information please view the full volunteer role description
Interested in applying?
Please complete our volunteer application form
and email it to Heather Hamilton, email@example.com
by November 18, 2016.
If you have questions, require any accommodations or would like to attend a meeting as a guest please contact Anchel Krishna, Manager, Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.