Are you a parent of a child or youth with special needs? Or do you work with kids who have disabilities?
If you want to learn more about funding, recreation programs, respite, transition planning, and therapy options from community organizations, then you should join us for our Special Needs Information and Recreation Fair at the Angus Glen Community Centre in partnership with the City of Markham on February 11th from 1-4pm.
You may have your own reasons for wanting to attend this important FREE event for parents, caregivers, and service providers, but here are a few to keep in mind.
Hope to see you there. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- There will be over 60 public and private vendors from several different community organizations, all under one roof!
- You have a chance to ask experts about programs and services that may be a good fit for your child.
- If you usually can’t attend our monthly Coffee Chats in your community, you will want to visit our “Coffee Chat” room where parents can interact together, enjoy a free cup of coffee and ask CTN volunteer family mentors and staff questions.
- Have a chance to win a door prize like t-shirts, sensory toys and free program sessions when you complete our survey at the end of your visit.
- Access information about camps and inclusive recreation, sports, music and dance programs for children of all abilities.
- Receive a free CTN bag (complete with pen and paper for notes!) to hold all of the postcards, pamphlets and any other goodies you collect from our information fair tables.
- Receive a free 2 for 1 coupon to take your family skating or swimming in City of Markham!
- Find important information about funding and programs for teens who are transitioning into adult services.
- Learn more about CTN, our partners and how we work together to deliver important programs and services for children and youth in York Region.
- Connect with other families and learn tips on living with a child or youth with special needs.